Big thanks to Bill, and all my new friends out at the:
they put up with me slugging paint around, whining, and taking in all that fantastic pictures and memorabilia on display... all the while, recreating their Unit Patch on the walls of their offices...
here is where we last left the unit patch:
about half way through the work, they decided that they wanted their Squadron numbers to be painted onto the ruddervators:
we also decided to paint an outline around the whole patch. the white just wasn't working against the color of the wall. so we used a template, sketched out the shape, and taped it off:
here I am putting some finishing touches on the letters:
and here it is, pretty much finished. just need to do some really light touch-up work in and around the gray boom area. no biggie at all:
and here is your "artist" standing "triumphantly"
(insert your own words for "artist" and "triumphantly")
again, MUCH thanks to the 171st Boom Operators for letting me take on this project! as always, thank you for your service!!!